Thoughts From Venus

Thoughts From Venus

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

workouts

I'm a big fan of shows like "Biggest Loser" and "Celebrity Fit Club". Usually reality TV is annoying and over dramatic, but these shows (especially the first) are great motivators for our nation. The U.S. has become more and more dependent on junk food, and our country has forgotten about health. There are many people who watch what they eat and exercise, but if you look around any time you go to a public place, you'll see that the majority doesn't take care of themselves.

I'm not a skinny girl, let's just get that out there. On the other hand I don't have rolls, and can definitely fit in one seat on an airplane. I like working out, but I get bored if I keep the same exercise routine all the time. I love Billy Blank's Tae Bo workouts, the elliptical at the YMCA, and going for long walks with a friend or a CD player. I love water, powerade option, and those FUZE drinks. My favorite snacks are carrots (not the bagged kind), celery with peanut butter, mixed nuts, and so on.

I think my biggest weakness with food is when I eat. My work schedule isn't 9-5, so my breakfast time doesn't start at 7 or 8 in the a.m. I also cant stand wheat bread or tofu or any of those "pseudo" foods. I work out mainly indoors now because the couple of walking buddies I had have moved out of the area or a little to far to come into town. I can't afford a gym membership right now, so my workout tapes are my exercise. Well, my boyfriend helps out in that department too, I guess. ;)

It's nice to have this blog because I am horrible at keeping journals on paper. I usually lose the notebook or just get so busy I forget to write in it. This way whenever I go online for something else, I can write my thoughts out here. I believe it's integral that we as humans have a way to vent, even if we can't all afford shrinks!

No comments: