Thoughts From Venus

Thoughts From Venus

Friday, November 28, 2008

Black Friday

Today I participated for the first time in the craze of Black Friday. I was amazed that so many people not only wake up at 4 a.m. but also how crazy they treat each other. There were actual deaths today caused by shopping! What's wrong with our society when we stomp on each other for a life size barbie or some other toy?

R and I found deals on all kinds of things, but found that overall prices at most stores were not changed that much. It's funny how most of the things we wanted were items not on sale! I did happen to purchase two Disney movies (I'm a sucker for Disney) and I guess that was my highlight of the day.

Standing at Cabela's for over an hour in line proved excruciating. I was thinking I don't even have anything I like in this store except for some Columbia clothing! The day ended alright though, because my textbooks finally arrived in the mail.

No comments: