Thoughts From Venus

Thoughts From Venus

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Start at Random

Politically charged! *grabs fistfuls of hair* Why oh why do we live in a world where everyone's so informed but no one knows what's going on?

As a first post for blogging there's really no great philosophy and probably not even great spelling happening here. There's just me, a strawberry-banana smoothie (that took forever to make because of my older-than-ice-cubes blender), and a laptop that has no permanent home in my tiny apartment.

So this is Grand Forks. Heard of it? Oh well let me tell all! We have a hill (most people know it as a bridge) that is the only reason you can't see clear across town. We have trees (mostly planted) that shed the most beautiful sticky goo on your vehicle. We also have an overrated University, and the fun just goes on from there.

Most of you will say "quit whining and just move already". Ah, but if only. I'm a naturally happy person who just happened to get stuck in a town that increasingly proves my black hole theory on towns. Sometimes you get sucked in and for one reason after another you have to stay just one more year, and then one more year, and then...you get my point.

I'm not sure how or what to blog, but if you've read this far I'll just say I'm random, sometimes ranting, other times philosophical. Maybe writing down all my nonsense will clear space and stress from my cranium. Maybe I'll win the lottery I don't buy tickets for tomorrow and forget all about this posting. Maybe.

I work for a place that manufactures airplanes. We'll call it PlanesRus. This is where I have spent a good portion of my waking hours over the past year or so. This is where my IQ and sense of accomplishment have slowly been veering downhill over the past year or so.

OKay so I'm glad to have a job, money, and not work at a shoe factory in an underdeveloped country for two cents an hour...there's your gratitude alright? I still think everyone should have the right to complain or vent about their work. But with employers and the government learning how to use the web, I'll have to be careful what I write I suppose.

I like most of the people I work with. There are those who say I should like them all. Come on, really? really? If anyone says they like everyone they work with...they're lying...yep. All we can do is be civil and think "yeah you probably shouldn't be allowed to spread your genes on to the next generation, but hey I won't tell you what I think because I like being employed".

I basically work in high school. There's the same cliques at my job as there were in school. There's the girls who live for drama...you all know what "mean girls" are. There's the guys who goof off and make strange noises (mating calls!?) in the corner of their cave...not that they care of course anyone's watching ;P.....There's my group I guess who gets along with pretty much everyone else. Then there's a few people who are just generally miserable and hate everything fun and good. So lets see, we have:
  • mean witches
  • clowns
  • scary angry kids
  • the rest of the population

....yep that about sounds like h.s. right? But the trick to being happy is finding it wherever you are, so I am determined to make the best of it.

Well, it's off to bed with me...if you'd like to tune in again I'm sure I'll have more to say.

No comments: